Friday, July 22, 2011

Cheap Thrills

So I have seriously been needing a project lately. Like bad. The problem is that I'm feeling more picky about my projects these days. I needed to know that I could actually complete it. I needed it to be quick. And I seriously needed it to be cheap. Usually I'm looking for some ugly wood to paint, but I found this bad boy at the thrift store the other day and it was irresitable---mostly because it was only 65 cents! It was even uglier than my picture shows. Tons of ugly rust and they hadn't even dusted off the cobwebs. The hardest part of the entire project was convincing myself to pick it up and put it in my car. I dusted it off and dug through my spray paint and totally hit the jackpot. I'd forgotten all about the pretty green paint I'd found on clearance that matched the pretty bench on my porch. I didn't have a use for it at the time, but it was only a dollar and sooo pretty!

I did a little antiquing with some black paint and voila! Brand new plant stand for $1.65!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

I'm so impressed! This really turned out fabulous!

I am sooo excited to see you next week I can't even stand it!!

Mallory said...

Heather. It was so fun to finally meet you. IRL!

I love the "flower pot stand"! Great idea.

Eileen said...

OK. That was me. My daughter was over tonight. I guess she was blogging on my computer.