Monday, December 8, 2008

It's FINALLY beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We put out our Christmas decorations last weekend, and spent our FHE last week decorating our tree as a family, but it still just didn't quite seem like Christmas. Our favorite decoration was missing, because we donated our nativity to display at an annual creche exhibit that our stake does. It's a really wonderful thing for our community, but we're happy to say that our nativity is back home and we were able to set it out for FHE tonight.
Our nativity set is almost exactly like the one I set out with my family when I was little and one of my very favorite things. It's handpainted by my parents and our usual tradition is to set it out before any other decorations to remind us what the focus of the season should be.
The tree is another of my favorite traditions, even with all the arguing over who gets to put what where, it always ends with everyone smiling. I think Brielle had the biggest smile of all. I'm sure she was imaging how much fun she'd having taking it all apart again -- over and over and over!

1 comment:

Amy Johnson said...

I wish I could have been there!! I love watching kids get excited for Christmas! I can't wait to see you guys again!