Sunday, March 21, 2010

On Thursday, Brielle and I were able to go watch Kutter get celebrated in an assembly. He was rewarded for "impressive academic growth", being a "curious learner" and his "determination and great attitude". He was in heaven and seeing him so proud of himself made it totally worth dragging ourselves out of bed and to school by 8:30! (I know, that's not technically early, but we DO NOT like mornings at our house!)
Later on that afternoon, he totally took me by surprise while admiring our Amaryllis plant. This happens to be the one-and-only houseplant that I have not killed within it's first week in our home. It came in a box and I won it at bunco, so it definitely represents miracles to me. Apparently I'm not the only one. You see, weeks ago we all marvelled when that clunky bulb I pulled out of the box grew and grew and then blossomed into two huge pink and white flowers. They were seriously awesome. Then they died and I guess we all figured that was the end of my most successful plant ever. Well, Kutter noticed that it now seems to be thinking about producing several more flowers. When he asked about it, I told him that it is actually supposed to regrow new flowers when the old ones die.
He thought for a moment then, totally out of the blue said, "That's just like us. We start out small and get bigger and bigger. Then we die, but we get to live again with Heavenly Father.
Um, Okay.
Thank you, Primary!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

What a kid. I loved this post and I sure miss him! Can't wait to see you guys! shopping coming soon!!!

Jessica Raber said...

YEAH!!