Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Family Vacation!

Cesare Pavese once said, "we do not remember days, we remember moments". That's the way I see our recent family vacation, the special moments that stand out and remind me why I love my family so much! (It's a good thing we don't remember whole days, because three kids plus a new baby at Lagoon, Thanksgiving Point, Kiddie Kandids, and Bear Lake involves TONS of moments that might be best forgotten!) If you're thinking we're pretty brave, I think so, too!

Seriously, though, it was completely worth all the effort! We were even able to squeeze in a few unexpected moments, like last-minute visit from Chelsie and Jason (Jody's sister and her husband) from California. It was so much fun seeing them and getting to know their little Brooklyn, who is as beautiful as ever and so sweet! I somehow got away without getting any new pics of her, but I snapped a few of the kids having fun with their other cousins, who they hardly ever get to see. I couldn't help posting this one of Aliah with Kutter. She is such a ham!

We headed for Lagoon the next day and I have to say that juggling seven kids and all those rides was quite a trick, but we sure had a ton of fun. I'm proud to say that I jumped right onto "wicked" and it was way fun! The best part was watching the kids, though. Breje and Trayson were so brave and wanted to try every ride, and even Kutter was disappointed when he couldn't ride the big rides, although he was pretty upset at Jody for taking him on "the terror ride"! Brielle didn't much like the water park, but she was a trooper for the rest of the day. Ady, Sienna, and Simon only got to ride the Carousel, but they just smiled and laughed all day. They were so cute that I had a hard time narrowing down the pictures, so you'll have to bear with me!

Breje took the boys on the first ride of the day, does she look bored, or what?
Brielle spent most of her day in her stroller, but she seemed to really enjoy watching the rides and all the pretty lights when it cooled-off at night.
Hayley bought all the kids some colorful suckers, just for the fun pictures. I should've killer her, but it was totally worth the sticky fingers,
faces, shirts, etc!

No comments: