Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

This is how my husband chose to spend his Father's Day weekend ...

He mowed the lawn -- the whole darn thing! Tilled the garden, tilled the spot for the pool, tilled around the trees. Helped me lay ground cover around the trees -twice! (don't even get me started about the wind in this dang town!) Watched a "chick flick" with me, took the entire crew to an airshow and then out to eat (kid's choice -- we ended up at IHOP!) Took the kids to Walmart (he actually asked them if they wanted to go with him! -- am I the only one who tries to sneak out while no one is paying attention so that I can go alone?!) Rented two kid movies and watched them with the kids. Hauled us all to church and back, then played with the kids on the trampoline instead of taking a nap!

If this weekend shouldn't earn him some kind of medal, I don't know what would! That's just the kind of dad he is -- he always chooses to put the kids first. He's always trying to think of new things for them to do and, if he actually does something he enjoys, it's usually just so that they can enjoy it with him. I am so grateful to him for all of the time he spends with us! I'm especially grateful that my kids will never question whether or not their Dad loves them -- he shows them all the time! You're the best dad ever --We love you!

I also have to send a special shout-out to my own dad. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have even known I could hope for my kids to have such a wonderful dad if I hadn't had one myself. He spent most of his spare time with us and always made sure we knew it was because he wanted to and not because he had to. He still makes sure we know how much he loves us and is always there for us if we need him! WE love you DAD!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

And I can't even get my garden planted.

Blah.

Happy Fathers Day Jody!

Lance & Milisa said...

Wow...what a busy weekend! You deserve a great husband that will help out sometimes! Happy Fathers Day Jody!