Monday, September 1, 2008

One horse town

Ok, so maybe not. I think there are probably more horses than people around here, but Sugarlegs has definitely become the star around our house! We all headed out to saddle her for FHE last week -- I mostly went for the photo op. It's especially cute to see how fascinated little Brielle is by our new horse. She can be in the middle of a tantrum, but if we mention the horse she stops mid-cry and runs to get her shoes (or Daddy's boots).And, seriously, look how natural Breje looks hauling "tack" (that's the reins and bridle n stuff. No, I am not thrilled that I know that!) out to the corral! Is it just me, or does this look sort of like an ad for a cowgirl perfume or something?!Unfortunately, we didn't actually get to ride Sugarlegs that night. 15 minutes after we got outside, we looked up and saw this... ...nope, that's not a fire or a thunderstorm -- just dust and wind! Nasty! Brielle was so distraught that Jody had to take her out the next night. This is her after about an hour on the horse. Jody couldn't talk her into getting off and she eventually fell asleep!
Oh, yeah, and just a funny side note...Kutter sometimes calls his bike "Old Paint" and I think he is actually starting to believe that it's really a horse! We were all out watching the kids ride bikes the other night when Kutter suddenly crashed his bike for no apparent reason. He jumped up with huge tears in his eyes and, with the most serious expression imagineable says, "Dad, my bike bucked me off!"

5 comments:

Hayley said...

Me and Trav got a good laugh about the bike bucking Kutter off! What a goofy kid! That pic of Breezy kills me too. Your kids are just too beautiful.

mychessmore said...

This is how I have always pictured my big bro. He must love being on that horse. I miss you guys. I LOVE your blog. Can you teach me your secrets. I am still tryiing to figure out hoe this silly site works. Love Ya.

Lance & Milisa said...

We miss you guys tons and the horse looks like such an adventure! Breje is beautiful and I agree with you on the pic/pose!!

Amber Culp Family said...

So impressed by how much cowboy talk you know. Have you gotten some boots yet? The pix of Brielle looking at the horse is adorable. I bet your kids love it!

Kiz Fam said...

Oh my gosh, you got your horse!!! How fun. The kids must be having a blast (and Jody for that matter). Jody mentioned you guys were thinking about getting one but I guess I never expected it to happen...can you tell what I was promised as a kid...that never actually happened? :) Kutter looks so big now. He's probably so excited that he goes to school like his older brother and sister. How cute. I LoVE you guys!