Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas... finally!

I'm going to have to start this post with a serious "there are way too many pictures here, so it's ok with me if you just skim" disclaimer! The truth is, I'm realizing that I actually didn't get near enough pictures, but there are still so many that it was tough to choose.
Christmastime was crazy busy, so I'm going to give a pretty brief overview, just to get it all straight in my own head. The first stop on our whirlwind tour of Utah was the Wolfley family Christmas party in Layton. The weather wasn't great and it ended up taking us about 6 hours to get there, but it was worth it. Jarin was in charge and did a bang-up job!
The kids all loved their "cousin" gifts. Big smiles all around. The food was delicious and that's usually my favorite part (shocker, I know) but I think the best part this year was watching Brielle bond with her cousin Ryann. Ryann is about 4 months younger than Brielle and this is the first time they actually interacted with each other.
Who knew that an unattended case of apples could be so much fun?!We rushed to Logan the next morning for Great Gram's Christmas party, held at my mom's house this year. I somehow completely forgot to get out the camera that afternoon, but we did really enjoy getting to spend some time with my mom's side of the family. The food, of course, was awesome, but it was mostly nice to reconnect with relatives that we hardly ever see.
The next couple days were spent driving all over the place to see people, last minute Christmas shopping, and just trying to enjoy family as much as possible. I didn't get out the camera again until Christmas Eve, but apparently I used it a lot! That night we gobbled tons of food and played lots of Christmas-themed games with the kids. The definite hit of the night was decorating gingerbread houses. It became a competition, of course, but the it was so much fun to see how creative everyone got. Brielle got the most out of the evening ---- candy everywhere and no one paying any attention to what she was doing. If you close, you can see that her cheeks are just packed full and no one is even looking at her! Another favorite tradition is Christmas jammies from Grandma and Grandpa. Don't the kids look just adorable all decked out in their new snuggly pj's? They were all absolutely thrilled to get them!
We ended the evening with Grandpa reading the Christmas story from the scriptures. We must've really worn the kids out, because they sat so sweet and listened to the entire thing. It was the perfect way to end the night!
I couldn't help adding this picture of the tree on Christmas morning. Despite the ridiculous amount of presents, doesn't it just look like coziness perfected? Then, the chaos ensued and paper started flying everywhere. I got tons of pics, but here's a few favorites. I just adore this picture of Brielle totally making out with her new stick horse. Think she likes it?
And Kutter was completely thrilled with this remote control car that drives on walls and the ceiling (thanks, Santa!) In his words, "I've been wanting this my whole life!" What a goof!

This is one of those gifts that my boys probably figured they'd never get, since I am such a wuss, so it was a really fun surprise. They can't wait until the weather gets nicer so that they can drive all over our land!
That evening, we headed back to Ogden for more gifts with the Wolfley family (again, I forgot pictures!) We also spent a lot more time bouncing from house to house trying to see everyone. We got to go sledding with Yvette and Marcus, chill at Lance and Milisa's, watch movies at Grandma's, and visit with most everyone else. It was so great to have the time to see everyone. We ended the trip with one last night at Grandma Linda's, which we mostly spent at the ER with Brielle's double ear infection. Oh well. Overall, it was a great Christmas vacation!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Christmas was so lovely! I wish we could do it all over again, but then Disneyland would be sooo far away! Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Heather! I found you! Your Christmas card came back to me saying "not at this address" ... r u still at Hill? We are now back from England (again) and are up in North Dakota ... bbbrrr! ;) Drop me a line when you have time! jacobloveskrissy.blogspot.com

Cheers and woo hoo!
:) Tina Wilcock

Tobler Bunch said...

Oh, my I am finally catching up with the Wolfley's...so much fun you guys are...the kids are absolutely beautiful, like htier mom, of course...heheheeeeeee!