Monday, January 19, 2009

Trayson's Baptism

Jody and I were so proud of Trayson on his baptism day! I don't remember being nearly as prepared to be baptised as he was. He was just so ready! I'm truly grateful for his strong testimony and the example that he sets for his younger brother and sister. And seriously, doesn't he just look so handsome in his new suit?
This was one of those days that usually brings out the OCD in me. I'd been planning all year on making it the perfect day for Trayson, the best treats, an awesome meal, a spotless house, all while entertaining the entire fam and bunches of friends ---then I had to go and get pneumonia. Thank goodness I have such a supportive (and may I add, also slightly OCD) family! Jody made sure the house was at least respectable before everyone showed up. My mom did all the grocery shopping, she and Hayley cooked up a storm, Hayley groomed my children to perfection, and Amy and the guys kept the whole pack of kids entertained and happy. Me, I just sat there. Thank you guys for helping my son have such a special day!

The upside of me being so sick, is that I had to let go a little. This resulted in us focusing mostly on the actual baptism instead of all the fanfare that comes with it. It was perfect. Most of the day was chaos, but the baptism was very sweet and spiritual. Jody made sure that there were plenty of tears to
accompany all that coughing (my entire family had bronchitis, so did most of our friends!) and the confirmation was really speciall. It's always so reassuring to me to look at the men in the circle and realize how many great examples my kids have. They are so lucky!

7 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

That really was such a fun little get away...even though you were sick! I love Tray and me and Cody often comment on what a great kid he is! He is so spiritual for being so young!! He really is such a great example to all of us and I am so glad that Simon has him to look up to!
PS...I neve want to stand next to you again in a picture! I freaking look HUGE!!!!!

Hayley said...

We all look huge next to you. You suck.

We love Trayson too, he is just amazing! So happy we could be there.

Amber Culp Family said...

Look at that handsome boy! Tell that cutie congrats for us, we are so proud of him!

Triffini Burton said...

We love you guy's. Glad Tray's day turned out ok. Take care.

mychessmore said...

Congrats to Trayson!! I am so sorry we had to miss it. Work is always getting in the way of everything, but that is so special and exciting.

Tobler Bunch said...

COngratulations! That is awesome!

Tobler Bunch said...

I forgot to mention how handsome he looks in his little suit. James willnot wear one for the life of me, I cannot even bribe him!