Sunday, May 3, 2009

Each spring, I get a guaranteed shopping day with my mom, my sister, my sil, and NO KIDS! We plan it for springtime so that we have an excuse to buy summer clothes that the kids are needing (and if cheesecake and a new purse are haunting us, well it would just be a waste of gas money to go back for it later!) I wasn't going to blog about our fun girls' weekend because Hayley already did such a great job. If you want to read a sappy post about how wonderful we all are, just log onto her blog.

I couldn't resist a quick post, however, because it does happen to be one of my favorite weekends of the year. It seems to get more fun every year, especially since Breje comes along now. The five of us tend to be very different in a lot of ways, but our combined passion for bargains and tasty food brings us together and it is ridiculous how much time we spend giggling like kids. I don't think we've had a year, yet, where someone (usually a waiter) looks at us like we're drunk. I'm not sure why that makes it more fun, but it does.

I seriously feel so lucky that I am so close to these women and that we have such fun together. Hayley blogged about all our best qualities (leaving out her bravery, mothering skills, creativity, etc) but I think my favorite thing about all these women is how willing they are to just get silly. Without sharing too much, let's just say that...
... if you ever get Amy a special treat, do it quick and then stand back -- she's liable to lick you! And if Hayley is in a rush to get to Target just get her there fast -- or you may encounter a crazy astronaut in depends moment! My mom? Just ask her about gestures. Not obscene ones, they're well, just gestures. Memorable gestures!

Thanks, ladies, for all the fun! Can't wait til next year!

3 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

I'm so laughing at this post! Such memories!! I also love that we can all be so silly. I'm so glad that we go every year!

Amber Culp Family said...

Sounds like heaven. I wish we could have all the Johnson girls get together for this one.

Hayley said...

So much fun! This is one of my favorite weekends of the year by far! Miss you guys!