Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Breje!

It's not technically her birthday yet, but the computer'll be out of business by the time she reaches 12 (we'll sort of be on the road to Texas by then!) and we couldn't let this landmark birthday slide by without a big party, so we had one early!
We chose a polka dot theme (Thanks, Yvette, for the awesome idea!) and the girls really humored me. I was worried that they would think they were too old for such silliness, but they jumped right and we totally polka dotted to our hearts' content!
The decorations were easy. Balloons, sticky dots from the dollar store, fun colors, and round plates that spelled "Happy Birthday". We had polka dot napkins and I spilled Skittles all over the table for them to snack on while they played. Breje and her friend almost had more fun decorating than they did at the party! While we waited for the pizza to arrive, I let the girls make polka dot magnets for their lockers. I somehow managed to skip pictures of this but it was a huge hit and they turned out great.
After pizza, we had a ton of fun making polka dot flip flops. The girls really seemed to enjoy it and each pair turned out so uniquely different. I think they look adorable all together, don't you?

We also played "Who has the most polka dots". We put a bunch of questions into a bowl that asked things like "Who has the longest hair?" and "Who is the most boy crazy?" Whoever was chosen as the "most likely" received a polka dot sticker for her face. We had a tie and the girls were sweet enough to share their funny polka dot prize.

I tried to jazz up Breje's requested ice cream cake with some homemade polka dots -- not as cute as I had hoped, but it was definitely tasty!

She got tons and tons of fun presents-- her friends totally spoiled her, but the best part was just watching them all sit around and giggle together!
We sent them all home with polka dot goody bags, complete with "dots", gumballs, butterscotch candy, and round lip gloss. I'm thinking that I better apologize to all the moms for the inevitable sugar high! I seriously can't believe that my little girl is already twelve years old! She is really turning out to be an amazing young lady. She is smart, beautiful, friendly, and talented. She is usually a huge help with Brielle and puts up with her brothers as well as she can! I'm really proud of the young lady she's become, and thrilled that she is becoming such a good friend!

7 comments:

Hayley said...

This is sooo my next party! I love it. Happy early b-day Breje!

Heather, I have missed you! How have we gone 2 days without chatting?? I was gonna call you tonight, and then I came home and fell asleep on the couch instead. I'll call tomorrow! Love you!

Jessica said...

She mentioned her party...said mom really went overboard! (with a big smile)!!!

Amy Johnson said...

I love the dot idea!!! Happy early birthday Breje! You are so beautiful and I love when you are around! You are just as silly and fun as the rest of us!

Amber Culp Family said...

I still remember her as a tiny newborn at my wedding, in the cute frilly dress. So crazy it has been 12 years. Such a cute party idea. You are such a good mom. I need to call you before you leave.

Tobler Bunch said...

Man, I hope Breje realizes that she has the coolest mom in the world. I love the flip flops...

daidree said...

I am so sorry i didn't even call. i was getting ordained to being secretery in young womens!!! i feel sick to my stomach that i missed it!!! i luv u so much i can't believe i missed it!!! by the way heather, cute blog!!! luv ya all!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Heather
been trying to track you and Jody down. Looks like you've moved. shoot me an email with your new contact information.
Dave Chase
dandrchase@yahoo.com