Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Jody!

I had to take a quick minute to celebrate Jody's 38th (that's right kids, he's getting up there!) birthday! I had to laugh as we sat around our little apartment doing our best to make the most of this day. Jody's definitely done his best to make sure that our life together is never dull! We've celebrated birthdays in at least 6 different states, and more than double that number of homes. I'm pretty sure this isn't exactly how my husband pictured his 38th year, but I love that he makes sure that we are always right where we should be -- even when that's not the easiest thing to see. I also love that he makes sure it's never just about him. He asked for a wake board this year-- mostly because that will make us more fun to visit!
The kids told him he could choose how to celebrate his birthday, so yesterday he took us all out for steak and then we caught the 3D version of Ice Age 3. Today he made us all ice cream and then took the kids to the park (it was 99 degrees!-- that's love!) For him, it's ALWAYS about having fun together!

I know what you're thinking -- you're dying of jealousy that you missed out on this flashy little shindig! Eat your hearts out!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Love you all sitting around your picnik table for cake. So funny! Jody, Happy b-day to you, I will mail your stuff this week.

Miss you all!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.