Saturday, July 11, 2009

July 4th -- The Sequel

I couldn't quite wrap-up my 4th of July weekend posts until Michelle was kind enough to email me the pictures she snapped while we were waiting for the fireworks to begin. I couldn't help sharing a few because this has always been one of my favorite days of the year! This picture pretty much captures what I remember most about the fireworks growing up-- all the kids sitting on blankets or running around, eating whatever they can get their hands on and acting as silly as possible.
Brielle definitely got into MY favorite part of the holiday spirit! Seriously, I don't think she spent a moment all weekend without both hands full of junkfood!
She thought that she couldn't wait to see the fireworks, but she completely freaked when she heard the first one and spent the first half with this look on her face ....
...totally refusing to watch. About halfway through, she turned back around and started oohing and ahhing with the rest of us. Whatever kid!
Although the show was better than we had expected, we all headed back to Cam and Michelle's house for our own little fireworks display. Once again, Brielle was terrified and kept saying, "No, Daddy, not more!"


I also couldn't help sharing a couple more of the kids on the four-wheeler. They spent tons and tons of driving around in that heat!

Breje even spent plenty of time driving Brielle around, since Daddy proved early-on that he couldn't be trusted to go slow enough for her taste!

Also, since I so appreciated all of your concern over our current binkie situation, I thought I should let you know that she merely played with it for a couple of hours and then, happily, forgot that it had ever existed! Whew!





1 comment:

Triffini Burton said...

that is sooo cute heather. It looks like u're having fun in Texas!!! I've updated my mom's blog. Miss you tons. Daidree