Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Weekend!

I can't believe how much we were able to squeeze into our less-than-48-hours-in-Utah this weekend. Jody's sweet sister took him skiing (he totally forgot the camera!) on Saturday. The kids and I spent the day buying TONS of groceries for our Superbowl bash and just chillin with the cousins. Most entertaining moment of the day was watching the kids decorate Valentine cookies at Grandma's. This has become quite the tradition and it never gets old. It's so much fun to watch their styles evolve from just plain eating the frosting --- that would be Brielle, to sloshing on the sprinkles--- sweet, sweet Simon, to various edible masterpieces. If any of them offers you a taste, think twice, my friends!
Saturday night was the best pre-Valentine date ever --- yummy yummy dinner with the fam (missed you Amy ----- again!) and then off to the b-ball game where USU totally whupped on Nevada. We topped off the bliss with the best shakes in town and came home just as Breje was putting all the kids down for the night. (Did I mention what a great babysitter that girl is! She was totally our hero of the evening!)

No matter how many things we try to cram into one weekend, we somehow manage to snatch plenty of moments like this one. Can you tell Brielle is in heaven?
Sunday was definitely Superbowl Johnson-style with more food than you could possibly imagine. I should've taken a picture, but you'd all just be ticked you didn't come hang with us. Besides, for once, the highlight of the day was the halftime entertainment. No, not "The Who", we didn't even watch a second of that. We hooked up the Wii so that Sienna could show us her fav new game - dancing -- and I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time! Would you believe my dad totally danced circles around Hayley? NO? Here's proof....(sorry Hay!)
Seriously, do I not have the cutest family ever!?

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Totally worth it.

Sorry for the language, but I just now laughed my ass off.

Loved being with you all this weekend. It really was heaven wasn't it?

Amber Culp Family said...

Sounds like so much fun! How lucky to get to drive in for the weekend!