Tuesday, June 14, 2011

School has been out for nearly a month and yet we have only seen one day that actually reached 80! It's been a windy and rainy and gloomy, and really really busy. I've found myself wondering when we'd be able to get started with all our summertime fun, until I finally downloaded my most recent pictures. Evidence of summer is everywhere!


First night of the summer sleeping out on the tramp --- Brielle actually only made it about an hour, but the rest of the giggled until all ours of the night! It sounded beautiful. This is our first morning of no school. It looks like sheer laziness -- but I like to call it "everyone snuggling on the couch and agreeing on the same show and getting along and letting mom sleep in". Otherwise known as "bliss"!
I believe this is morning number two. Waking up to find your son reading to his smiling little sister is a serious treasure!
We've also done some baking. Like a lot of baking. Maybe I should not have bought that enormous bag of chocolate chips at Costco right before swimsuit season?
The boys even got to have their first fishing day with dad of the season. They FROZE to death and fought the wind more than they fought the fish, but they got their guy time in and even caught a couple of fish in the process.

I can't wait to see what we get to do when summer actually begins!


No comments: