Monday, November 21, 2011

Fall Crafts

I usually don't actually get a major urge to craft until all the Christmas tunes start blasting on the radio, but this year has been a serious exception. I don't know if it's because I'm really trying hard to start making my gifts earlier, or what, but each time I try to focus on Christmas, I end up with another autumn themed decoration. Oops!

Burlap has totally been making me happy this season. I think it just seems to fit out here on our mini-ranch! We had a fun Relief Society activity where we got to make book-pumpkins --- right up my alley! I have to admit that I didn't actually cut them out -- I left that to my super crafty friend, but I did do the rest. I think we were only meant to learn how to make one, but I ended up with an adorable little trio! And they look so cute with my floral wire pumpkins!

My last craft was really just an FHE cop out. It was Monday night, I had no plan, and I REALLY didn't feel like coming up with a lesson. For me, finding a branch, spray painting it, stuffing it into an old spray-painted pot, and cutting out a million paper leaves seemed way easier than coming up with a spiritual thought.

I was sure the kids would just roll their eyes and demand a treat, but it has been one of my favorite things this year and is sure to become a trad ition. The things my kids are thankful for make me smile everyday!



No comments: