Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Just a quick laugh

I may get around to posting pictures again someday (my kids are still truly adorable, I swear!) but for now I just had to jot down some recent conversations I had with Brielle that totally cracked me up!

After preschool, yesterday, Brielle and I had a delightful conversation that went a little something like this:
Brielle: "Hey, Mom, neither one of my teachers told me how beautiful I looked today!" (seriously broken-hearted face!)
Me: "Well they don't have to say that every day, do they?"
Brielle; "Uh yeah" (eye roll)
Me: "My friends noticed how cute you looked today"
Brielle: "Oh, well, ok. But I probably should've told them that this dress is new "(new as in, we just found this adorable little dress in a box that I had completely overlooked --thanks again Hayley!)
Me: "I actually did"
Brielle: "Oh good. Thank you!" (serious relief)

Help me! What have I done to this child?

Later on, she was helping make some Christmas presents (cause I'm totally on the ball like that!) and asking all sorts of Christmas questions. She wanted to know why we talk about joy so much at Christmas, so I reminded her that it's because we are celebrating Christ's birth.
Brielle: "Oh yeah. I already know all about that. Tray told me last night. Then Kutter overheard so he totally joined our discussion".

REALLY?

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Oh man I love that kid.

Really can't wait for this week.
I'm counting down!!