Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yes, it's been pretty much forever since I've posted, but I do have an excuse. My computer died -- as in seriously bit the dust. And then I took about a million pictures -- which completely overwhelmed me. And then I got really really lazy. I finally forced myself to face the situation and that's when I realized how many of my most adorable pictures involve Hayley's children and had to face the facts that since her sweet husband (the computer wiz) is the only reason that I am actually able to download my pictures (let along blog them) the least I could do is put them out there on the net so that everyone (including my sis) could adore them.
Seriously, they are about the cutest kids ever and I am so grateful for the bonds that my kids share with their cousins. To make this a little more bearable for all of us, I am going to attempt to break down Christmas into only slightly more manageable compartments, beginning with the annual party and Grandpa Ones' house. This party is sometimes the only day all year that my kids get to hang with my cousin's kids -- and they seriously love it.
Check out how much fun Brielle and Sienna are having with Holly and Becky's daughters! (Do you love how they are all color-coordinated? We totally didn't even plan that! ) And Breje and Courtney have shared the sweetest friendship since the first party that they remember.
The kids usually grab a ton of food and then rush off to the basement to hide from the adults -- who are only too willing to play along. That made it pretty difficult to find victims for my camera, but the few smiles I caught show just how much they look forward to this party.

I love that I caught this EXTREMELY rare shot of Kutter and Simon willing to play GQ. Brielle and Sienna, on the other hand, gave me SEVERAL DOZEN frames of this pose!
This was merely the first evening in a 3 week long Christmas celebration -- but what a way to kick it off!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

You got some great pictures! I'm stealing them stat.

I sure miss you. Wish so much we could see you soon!!