Sunday, September 23, 2007

Marshmallow Roast

Jody built us this way cool fire pit at the beginning of summer, and I have been dying to use it ever since! We finally got around to having some friends over this weekend, and I am happy to say the rain cleared up just in time to roast marshmallows! We had a barbeque first and it was so nice to just sit around and enjoy the company of friends, while the kids ran around outside (I am learning that 5 acres has its perks!) We are so lucky to have such great friends here. When the kids talked Jody into starting the fire and breaking out the smores stuff, it was the perfect way to end our farewell to summer!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

I'm glad you finally got to use the pit. I sure wish we could make a visit. I miss you guys a whole lot. It's pathetic because I talk to you so often, but I'm a bit homesick for you guys.

tina said...

It looks like your kids had a blast! and I love the firepit!

Michelle said...

Hey you know, summer doesn't have to end. Just come down here to Texas! I wish!

Amanda said...

Thanks for letting us be part of your fun! It was a great night!
oh... and haley's upset that she didn't make the pic. :)
that's what she gets for being a busy girl....

Hayley said...

I guess sick people dont blog?
miss you