Sunday, March 9, 2008

A blur of tiny moments

No, I have not dropped off the face of the planet. I can't even think of a good reason that my computer has become a complete stranger, but it seems I have just not been able to find the time to sit here and type. I wish that meant I had tons of catching up to do, but there really hasn't been much going on. I had pretty much given up on tiny moments, because there's been so little to say, but a couple good friends recently told me that they enjoy them, so here's to giving it one more try!
I guess I start with this cute pic of Breje with her first entire roll. It's ridiculous how much fun it is to watch this kid eat. She's definately my kid -- her eyes just lit up when we gave her something this big, and then she tried to stuff the entire thing into her mouth at once!

One of my favorite tiny moments of the past week was finding this little sleeping beauty on our living room floor. I think this is the first time in months that I've left the room for a few minutes and didn't come back to find her crawling into some new forbidden space! She slept there in the middle of chaos for a good hour!

The highlight of the week was a surprise visit from the Burton's. I finally got to meet my newest neice, Bella. Look at that sweet face and just try not to smile!
There were countless moments as I watched how much fun our kids have together. Within seconds they start playing as if they've lived near each other their entire lives, instead of hours away. We didn't get much sleep that night, but it was wonderful to watch them giggle.

It was also a blast to watch Triff's face light up when I told her we had a Walmart. Yes, my fellow Mountain Home-ers, I have finally met someone who's town is even more boring and destitute than ours. My sister-in-law found a haven in Walmart, and I think she stocked up for the entire summer. I suppose this is the moment where I'm supposed to feel lucky for what I have .....
My final moment has to come from my "girl day" on Saturday. Two friends, Brielle, and I headed to Boise for an entire day of shopping, eating, chick flicks, and fun. We laughed, we cried (Well, Angie cried! -- who knew she was such a sap at movies?!) we ate a ton! Brielle was an angel. She seemed to know that it was special to get to hang out with the girls. She actual won moment of the day for her cute antics in Olive Garden. We grown-up girls were just gabbing away when Angie pointed out that at least half of the restaurant was hanging on Brielle's every smile! She had our entire section just grinning back at her. Definately, a good mommy moment!

6 comments:

Hayley said...

What..an update? I thought you had given up on blogging. I miss you guys, and enjoyed these pics. The baby is beautiful.H

Lance & Milisa said...

It has been fun to watch Brielle grow through your blog...and I'm sure the visit from Triff was lots of fun! We also enjoyed seeing them. Keep on posting!!

tina said...

I'm so glad you updated us! I love seeing your kiddos. And Breje is such a beautiful girl.

Amy Johnson said...

So fun to see the kids again! Is that first pic Breje or Brielle? I think you wrote Breje...maybe I read it wrong. Anyway....can't wait to see you! We will have to trump your adventure with our Park City adventure!

The Wolfley Family said...

OOpS! Amy, you are totally right. I call them both by the wrong name more often every day! My mind is seriously slipping! I definately can't wait for Park City.

The Wolfley Family said...

I noticed it, too! Mom, you need to read over our writing better or else everyone is going to get confused! Breje (Not Brielle!)