Sunday, March 30, 2008

Our Beautiful New Fence!

The plan for the weekend was simple. Jody's brother, Jarin, would bring a big load of fence posts up from Utah on Friday night. Their sister, Treva, would tag along to kindly keep me and the kids company while the men worked all weekend to finish as much fence as possible.

According to Jarin, the universe was conspiring against us -- or, at least, him. I won't share the entire story, but it involves wiring trouble with the trailer, fence posts rolling off along the way, a missing tire, a blizzard, and Most importantly, a 3:30 am arrival for Treva and Jarin on Saturday morning!

Needless to say, they got a slightly later start that morning than they had originally planned. It took them FOREVER to mark the ground with spray paint, and even longer to come up with an auger to dig the holes. When they got to it, though, they really worked hard! Even Trayson spent a couple hours trying to help. I'm pretty sure he would've dug the holes himself if they would've asked him to! The auger wasn't sharp enough to get through the thick clay that is our back yard. It was great fun to glance outside and observe the different ways they tried to get it to work faster. They leaned on it, applied a crow bar, and I even saw them hanging from it a couple times in an effort to put their full body weight into it.
Meanwhile, Treva was a huge help with the kids. I know she was disappointed that she didn't get to work harder, but the kids still gave her a run for her money! She also made sure that I got some much needed adult conversation in this weekend!

When all was said and done, this is the lovely result of an entire weekends' hard work!

Yes, that is one perfect fencepost standing alone in our enormous backyard!
Thanks a ton Jarin and Treva! At least we had some fun!

9 comments:

Hayley said...

That is a sad story indeed. The one you have is pretty though...
I am sad because we didn't talk all weekend. And yes, I missed you. Just think, 5 days...:)
Hugs.

Amy Johnson said...

That is such a funny story...and pretty much typical of a Wolfley adventure! I can't wait to hear the whole story. It would make for a great road trip conversation (5 days and counting!). Simon keeps asking to go to Jody's and ride the horses! So, when you get them we will have to make a trip up! See you soon!

Amber Culp Family said...

I am so sorry! How frustrating. Dang that Idaho Clay soil. I am sure that next time, it will go faster. Maybe you will get 5 up, and next year at this time, Voila! a fence.

Debbie Pierson said...

Good Luck with that. We are just around the block if you need more help. Or just more men to stand around and give great ideas. :0

Lance & Milisa said...

Boy it sounds frustrating!! But I must say...I don't think I've seen one straighter or lonelier fence post!! It does look great!!

The Wolfley Family said...

I can`t believe dad had Jarin and Treva come down to put up a fence just so he could have horses, and we have one post up. I`m glad we won`t be around when they make another attempt! We`ll be at Park City! Breje

Jessica said...

That is halarious, you need my sister and my mom, they moved me into my house in two days, well my husband, brother and a couple other men helped with the heavy lifting.

Sydney said...

That's hilarious! Better luck next time (if there is a next time)

nomadicvictors said...

Hey what up Wolfley gang?I am glad that I found you. I looked for you on facebook, but couldn't find you. This is Emily and Eric by the way. We moved back up to Alaska, I know we are crazy! Any who I am excited to talk to you soon. I just wanted to let you know the Victor clan is still shakin.