Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A wonderful family in our ward invited us over for what will probably go down in history as our favorite Family Home Evening Ever! Joy makes an exceptional spaghetti casserole, but even that was topped by two beautiful horses, saddled and ready for my excited children (OK, I think Jody was even more excited than the kids!)
Check out the huge grin on Kutter's face! It took some convincing to get him up there, but he didn't want the horse ride to end.
Trayson actually rode a horse by himself, but I love this beautiful picture of him with his dad.
I'm always complaining that it's not very pretty out here, but it's tough to beat that sunset! Breje has been riding a couple of times -- so she looked like a pro up there. No hesitation at all. I was so jealous that she looked so comfortable and confident.

Brielle didn't actually get a ride, but Jody had to at least get her up on a horse for a minute. She loved it out there, but she mostly wanted to crawl around with the horses.

And, yes, I actually got on a horse! I even rode it all by myself, for about two minutes! I finally begged Breje to hold the reins and guide the horse for me. I clearly was not meant to sit that high above the earth!
It finally got cold enough to talk them all into coming inside -- but it's a night they will talk about for a long time! Thanks Spauldings!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Those pictures are great! I love the one of Trayson and Jody, it's very sweet. Breje does look like a pro! I'm impressed that you made your way up there too! Nice work Heather. This weekend we will have to find you some wranglers and some cowboy boots.
hugs.

The Wolfley Family said...

I think we actually should, Hayley! Dad would be so happy if mom had some boots and wranglers! Dad said that he was getting the kids a trained horse soon, and all the kids are excited to learn to ride! (I want to learn to trot soon. Don`t worry mom, dad won`tteach me for a while!) Breje

Amy Johnson said...

I wish I could tell you how much Simon is enjoying looking at the horses!! We can't wait to see you!

Lance & Milisa said...

This looks like so much fun!! I know Cayden would love to have a chance to ride a beautiful horse like that!!