Thursday, April 9, 2009

More Brielle

Brielle has had quite a day. It began with a "quick" trip to Walmart to complete our Easter purchases -- including 2-18 packs of eggs. (If I couldn't contain myself and already shared this story with you, you can just scan down to the pics!) I carefully placed said eggs in the seat next to Brielle because it seemed dangerous, at the time, to place them at her feet. I then proceeded to make another "quick" stop at a friends house on the way home. Brielle stayed in the car. Can you see it coming, folks?
Yep. I returned to discover both egg cartons face-down on the floor of my car. Empty. Where were the eggs, you might ask?That would be her lap. All 3 dozen eggs were now sharing the car seat with her. She just looked up at me like she had no idea she'd done anything wrong. And really, it's me who should've known better! I'm ashamed to say that I did not have my camera with me, and although I did ponder leaving them all in her lap until I got home, I really really wanted to save the ones that weren't cracked open yet! Surprisingly, only 6 or 7 eggs completely bit the dust. 6 or 7 eggs can be really really really messy! It took forever to get it all off of her, her clothes, her blankies, the car seat, and the car. Looks like she had fun, though! She tried to make up for it later, by indulging in her cleanup habit. I have to admit that I usually enjoy this side of her. It's nice to be able to let her get out the blocks and scatter them all over the house, without thinking that I'll have a huge mess to clean up. The best part of this game is that she totally loves the clean up song. I couldn't help recording her version of it to share with you all. A few things to note before you view
-- She's already been doing this for about 10 whole minutes. It was a big mess, but she never stops until she gets them all, and she sings the entire sons.
--Yes, that is the only line she remembers.
--She gets her musical ability from Grandpa Mike. Enough said. (Love ya, Dad!)
--Her little "so good" at the end of the song. It is completely her own addition to the song. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to watch that over and over. She is growing up sooo much, it's honestly killing me! Can you please not move??

Anonymous said...

That was hay btw.

Jessica said...

That is too cute!! I dont know how you kept your cool while cleaning up broken eggs!!

Amy Johnson said...

She is so cute! Could she come stay with me and clean my house??? Sorry about the eggs! Cody and Simon had a similar incident at the grocery store! Kids!