Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Easter started early with a way fun package in the mail on Friday. I should warn you that I did a terrible job shooting this video, so feel free to skip past it. We just wanted Grandma Linda to see how much the kids enjoyed their surprises. The highlights are that everyone got their first cute new spring outfit, loads of candy, and even the fancy Easter egg coloring kits that their mom is way too cheap to buy. They were absolutely thrilled, and Grandma definitely took some of the pressure off the Easter Bunny!

It was kind of strange knowing that we would be spending the entire holiday without any extended family, but we have definitely been very blessed with friends here. We spent Saturday afternoon with a few families from our ward and the kids had a blast. They got to have their Easter egg hunt with about 13 or 14 other kids and over 200 eggs! Then we had a big barbecue all together and colored about a million eggs to finish off the evening. Thanks to the Wortham's for throwing such a great holiday bash and inviting such fun people!
I was thinking that our Easter dinner would be way late because we don't even get home from church until about 4:30 or so, and I just couldn't have Easter without a huge dinner (it's how I was raised!) Lucky me-- my sweet friend Angie invited us over to her house for a huge Easter feast -- complete with all the fixings and some of my very favorite people. They are defiantly my family away from home and it was lovely to spend the day with them (and not just cause I didn't have to cook!)The bonus to the day was how adorable my kids looked in their Easter duds--- and the best was hearing Breje play the violin in Sacrament meeting for the very first time. She played beautifully and it was the perfect addition to our celebration!

3 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Breje played for sacrament meeting??? I would have loved to have been there! What a fantastic Easter!!! I'm sure she did such a great job! Cody will be so proud of her! Your kids look stunning in all their Easter duds!

Hayley said...

I wish we could have been there to see Breje play in Sacrament meeting! I'm so bummed that I didn't get to see it, why don't you have her do it again and record it for us! We sure missed you guys sooo very much on Sunday. Your kids could not be any cuter! Can you e-mail me that pic without the border? please?

Brittney said...

Heather, your kids are so darn cute! I'm not sure who likes the spoilin' more- the kids or Grandma Linda! I love to be able to pop in and see how things are going for you, even if we only get to see you once every hundred years or so. What a beautiful family!