Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Brielle has really been outdoing herself with witty one-liners lately and I just had to share a couple.
I had a bunch of stuff all over the counter the other day while I was doing her hair and ended up knocking a few things onto the floor in my hurry. Without missing a beat she said ,"I saw that one coming!" Is she really only 3?!

This is a conversation that Jody related to me the other night when I came home from scouts.
Jody: "Brielle, you know you're not supposed to be jumping on the couch."

Brielle: "I know, Dad, but mom's not home!"

Then, in the middle of the afternoon last week, I recieved one of those phone calls we mothers dread, "Your son fell off the monkey bars at school. He won't get up and he doesn't want us to touch his arm." Crap! Crap! Crap! (long story short, no break, just a nasty, nasty cut!) Brielle was very tender and worried about him in the ER, promising to watch "that dragon movie" with him instead of Barbie and everything. So sweet, until she got a look at the gash in his arm. "Mom, Kutter's elbow looks just like a crabby patty!"
He wouldn't let me take any pictures that day, so this is after a couple days of some serious neosporin. Poor kid!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Oh, I have butterflies that I get to see her in a few! I'm sooo excited to see you all.

And what a nice surprise that you actually posted!