Monday, November 22, 2010

On a gloomy, rainy day in October, my friend Sherida and I decided that the best way to get over the autumn blues was to spend the afternoon making a cute craft. Sherida had an idea in mind, I had some leftover wood, we both had a free day the next day (by free, of course I mean tons of stuff we didn't really want to clean, places we could pretend we didn't have to go....) We figured it would be simple, and we'd feel good about shirking responsibilities, because we would have something lovely to show for it by the end of the day...

... It actually took us about three weeks of pretending to have free days before we finally put this little number together! I get my optimism (time frame denial) from my mom -- not sure where Sherida gets hers! Please tell us you think it was worth all that undone laundry!
Anyway, we finally have it done, only to stumble upon...
WINTER! In all it's hideous snow filled, so not autumn anymore slushiness! I'm thinking we should've just started our Christmas craft last month, instead. (which we blissfully began planning for the first craft day, you know, just in case we had some leftover time!)

It's a good thing my kids are having so much fun out there, or I'd be really, really ticked!
I'm loving how hard Trayson is concentrating on building this snowman. It takes a lot of hard work to get it just perfect!

As much as I despise being cold and wet, and driving on slick roads I was deeply grateful for the hours --yes, I said hours, that my kids spent outside this weekend playing together and NOT fighting.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

You blogging = me happy.

My kids had the whole neighborhood in our front yard for like 2 hours today, and I was in heaven. If only it would last!

Hayley said...

And your craft is darling.

Did you make me one?

:)