Friday, November 19, 2010

Last weekend I was bound and determined to visit my family while Jody and the guys went on their fishing trip. I thought about it for weeks. The kids packed for days. And then I got sick. I woke up Saturday morning, popped some pills and decided that, hey, I wasn't feeling all that bad.

Okay, so I probably shouldn't have driven that far when I was feeling like garbage (in retrospect, I KNOW I shouldn't have driven!) I probably shouldn't have dragged my germs with me, and I really should've just waited until I felt better so that I could totally enjoy hanging with the family. I'm really not good at making the intelligent choice.
We actually made it there safely and I promptly discovered that I wasn't feeling all that much better. Of course, I decided to ignore that and go to lunch and shopping with the girls. Brilliant!

Aren't I doing a great job pretending like I'm feeling fine?! (but seriously, how beautiful is my daughter!) I dragged my poor mom and sister along for the ride, they were pretty great sports, dragging me to stores and just forcing me to buy stuff so that I would give up the farce and go home to bed!
The real reason I was so determined to go is to watch the kids play with their cousins. They spent the whole weekend proving to me that it was worth it. They all have such sweet relationships with each other, and just smiled and giggled the whole time.
Thanks, guys, for taking such care of me!

No comments: