Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to US!

I can't believe it has been 5 whole years since Kutter surprised me with an early birthday present -- coming over two weeks early the day before my birthday! It's hard to believe that sweet, dimpled baby boy is already so old, but he is still constantly surprising us-- usually with mischief, but quite often with his sweet charm as well. I am so grateful that I've been able to share my birthday weekend with him ever since!
I totally messed-up and sent the pictures of his friend birthday party home on my Mom's computer (that's what I get for being such a lazy blogger). Let's just all assume that it was a fabulous party because I am so creative and talented and just the best mom ever1
Anyway, I did manage to save some pictures of the main event-- our birthday weekend with family. We were lucky enough to get Grandma, Grandma, Uncle Cody, Aunt Amy, and cousin Simon here for 3 whole days! We got presents, literally, the second everyone walked in the door. Can you tell how excited Kutter is? My birthday demand was a day of shopping and good food in Boise with my mom and Amy. Unfortunately, this meant bringing 5 kids along, as well. This picture pretty much tells the story of how thrilled we all were with the entire situation by the end of the day...
... on a positive note, despite tantrums, arguments, meltdowns, and lots of messy faces (Grandma brought out yummy bribes in full-force) we all got some pretty great buys. Especially me! Yay me!
Grandpa and Cody came through big time this weekend, spending most of their trip converting the boys' beds into bunk beds (pictures to come if we ever get it stained!) and then building the "kids" a rocket to launch in the back yard. That was a definite hit with everyone!
The best part of the whole weekend was watching the kids get to spend some serious bonding time with their cousin. It's been over a year since we've had these guys here, and it really meant a lot to me to see how well they get along! Trayson has always had a pretty strong bond with Simon, and this time Kutter was able to form a pretty great friendship with him, as well. Don't they look so deceptively sweet?

I think Simon, who is usually surrounded by little girls, really relished all the time he had to get out his aggression with Kutter. They were constantly wrestling, driving cars, and just being really really boyish. It was also a very pleasant surprise to see how much Simon and Brielle enjoyed each other. She just adored him the whole time and she clearly brought out his sweeter side!

Thanks, you guys, for packing so much into one weekend just for me and Kutter. For making that long, boring drive, and for making us feel so special!
Travis, Hayley, and girls, Just so you know, you were here in spirit-- especially when we were eating good food, shopping, laughing at dad, and listening to Momma Mia! We missed you!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

The jealousy ensues.

Love all the pics though! And I made my header using the picnik stuff you just used in this post. Super easy!