Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Magicalness

"Magicalness" is my SIL's new word to describe Disneyland and I am totally stealing it! Thanks, Ames, I am positive they will be adding it to the next edition of Webster's, cause it's the only word that really fits our week in that happy happy place!
I'm not sure how to keep this post from becoming unbearably long -- 8 adults, 7 kids, 6 days, 2 parks, about a million Disney characters, even more churros-- all wrapped up in magicalness. It's tough to summarize. Vacations sometimes don't live up to our expectations, but this one did.
We averaged over 10 miles a day! (is that child abuse? strollers were involved, I promise!) and yet everyone managed to stay happy most of the time. I think I'll just show ya'll the pictures to prove it!
This is Brielle waiting in line for her very first ride. She waited forever to get on the coaster in Toon Town, and then found out she was too short, but doesn't she look so happy?Everyone got a chance to meet a few of their heroes during the week. The girls got to meet most of the Disney princesses -- except for Brielle, who apparently found them terrifying! Hayley's girls were utterly star-struck, though and it was fun to see that Breje was still just young enough to get excited about too! I think one of Kutter's favorite moments of the week was getting to meet his hero --Lightnin McQueen!And Pluto was just so darn cute that I had to get him in here, too!I loved that there are quite a few rides that everyone can go on together. The jungle cruise was a big hit with everyone, mostly because it was a fun challenge trying to get Brielle and Simon to look excited about something. The two of them spent most of the week trying so hard to drink it all in, that they couldn't be bothered with any extra emotional displays!
The carousels were another thing we got tons of use out of. Grandma and Amy were especially good sports about taking all the younger kids on it whenever we were off doing something they were too little for. I'm pretty sure their heads are still spinning, but don't the kids look thrilled!
We never get any family pics, but I finally remembered to hand the camera over and get this one in front of the falls at California adventure. I think I mostly wanted proof that I still knew where all four of my kids were by the end of the week!
Grandma Linda made sure that all the kids were completely ready for the fun we'd have there. She got them all mouse ears and autograph books and they were so excited! Notice that Grandpa was the only adult willing to don one. Grandpa was a fun surprise on this trip, and we actually decided to give him the "most improved" award for this vacation! If you've ever been on a trip with us, you know that staying up late, spending tons of money, eating bad food, and trying to keep track of everyone is usually a bit tough on him. This time he took it like a trooper and truly seemed to enjoy it. I don't think I saw him shake his head once!I think my favorite part of this trip was watching all the kids together. They have always been close, but visits are usually pretty short for us and it was so nice to get to see them just be themselves together.
Trayson and Sienna are not the usual twosome when we visit, but she started following him around like a little puppy last week and he just ate it up.
Breje and Ady in front of the castle -- what could be more beautiful, right?

I always get tons of Trayson and Simon together. This one is definitely one of my new all-time favorites. Cody, did you teach him that pose?
Brielle is finally old enough to start forming stronger friendships with her cousins, too, and they had more time together since they were always waiting for the big kids to get off rides. They don't look too upset about it, do they? Whew, that was a ton of pictures! Sorry! Thank you guys, for getting us to come along and for all of the entertainment along the way. (I have a seriously amusing family!) Thanks a million for helping keep track of my kids -- I know they wouldn't have all made it home without you!

7 comments:

Roberta said...

Wow. How old is Breje now? It's been so long since we last saw you guys.

Amber Culp Family said...

A true miracle that uncle mike made it through the week without an eye roll or a shoulder shrug! You guys look like you had so much fun. I am so jealous you all went together. I can't believe that Brielle was scared of the princesses! So funny. What wonderful memories you made with those kiddo's. Thanks for sharing.

Hayley said...

I wish so much that we could go again!!! I LOVED this trip and think you summed it all up when you said that it actually lived up to it's expectations!

Krissy said...

looks like you had so much fun!! LUCKY! i'm a little jealous ... ;) loved the family picture of you!

Eileen said...

I still have Disney-envy! What fun.

My price is usually $100.00. It just depends on what is needed or wanted. I don't advertise cuz I don't want a job, just a hobby. But I'm willing to take for anyone that asks! TFA (thanks for asking)

Amy Johnson said...

I'm still laughing so hard at Simons little pose! So funny! It sure was a fabulous trip!

Tobler Bunch said...

That looks like so much fun!!!