Monday, March 30, 2009

Okay, Hayley....

....I accept your challenge. I do think my children are much cuter than the peaches, so I'm gonna try a lot harder to take pictures of them this week! In fact, I've decided to share a little update on each of them at some point during the week. I'll start with little Brielle, since I was already dying to share this pic... Her latest loves: Well, mostly shoes. She loves all shoes and is constantly begging me to change them for her. She's found all of the shoes that don't fit her yet and she clearly already knows which are her favorite (the fluorescent pink flip flops, Hay). She has also figured out that Dad's shoes are the easiest to get on if mommy is not inclined to help her at the moment. In this picture, she is extremely proud of herself since I expressly forbid her to change shoes because we were trying to get ready for church! The part you can't see is that the boots have spurs on them, so she did a little tap dance for me in the kitchen. What a goof!
She also has a very disturbing love for bologna. She could eat it all day long. And she calls it "brownies". Yes. This disturbs me.
Her latest phrases: My latest of recent memory also comes from Sunday morning. Jody was snuggling with her before he left early for his meetings and he finally told her he was gonna have to leave. She just looked up at him so sweet and said, "NO. Hold you all day long!" Yeah, he was probably late for that meeting!
She's also taken to throwing all of her clothes out of her drawer and rummaging through them. When I finally asked her what in the world she was doing, she looked up at me all innocent and said, "I wanna buy this"!
Her latest dislikes: Mess. I think I've corrupted her. She threw an enormous tantrum while playing with a friend today. It wasn't that she didn't want to share her toys -- she just really, REALLY wanted to clean up! She screamed, threw herself on the floor, and even kicked, until her cute friend finally gave up. Brielle instantly jumped up and put the hopscotch tiles neatly back into their package. What am I gonna do with her?
Clothes. She seriously loves looking at them. She apparently loves shopping for them. However, she refuses to wear them for any lengthy period of time. I don't remember the other kids doing this, but she would run naked all day long if I let her. I am extremely tired of wrestling her to the ground to get her dressed, just to do it all over again in twenty minutes. Help!
So that's 1 down, 3 to go. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

I love love love this post! That picture is so dang cute, and it is so fun to read the new things she is doing! She is such a cute little stink!

Anonymous said...

Hi ya...What a doll she is...the things you write about her are great. She seems to keep you busy! She likes Bologna? She must have some of her Aunt Amber in her...thats all Amber would eat! And the pies are great, so is the canning. You really are turning into a Susie Homemaker!! You've come ALONG WAY BABY. Love ya Sue

Hayley said...

I am dying over how darling she is here. Seriously, she is so beautiful! I miss her and you all so much!

Amber Culp Family said...

I am still laughing at the bologna/brownie thing. How hilarious! Such a cute post.