Wednesday, March 18, 2009

BORING!

I think about the most exciting thing to happen to us since we got home from Disneyland was Brielle falling asleep on the living room floor. Yes, this is seriously pathetic. We know! Seriously, I think I've still got a bit of the post-vacation-blues, and they're running right into the why-isn't-it-summer-yet?-blues. It's not a fabulous combination, but we're working on it, folks.

Our only major bright spot in the last couple weeks was how great Breje and Trayson did at their piano festival last weekend. Festival is not nearly as fun as it sounds -- just ask my kids! It is so NOT a party! They have to go into a room with just a piano and a judge who takes notes on how well they play 2 songs. They have to memorize these songs and then play them as perfectly as possible and they only get one chance to do it. This sounds absolutely terrifying to me and I am so proud that they are even brave enough to try it! (Who am I kidding -- I am still proud that they can figure out how to read the dang music! How are they my kids?) Their piano teacher was super proud of how well they both played and we just found out they both received superior ratings-- the very best they can get! Whoo hoo! I am extra glad that I took them to Boise afterwards to celebrate. We went out to dinner, did a little bit of shopping, and then saw a movie together. I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed hanging out with my big kids! Thanks, guys!

2 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Way to go Tray and Breje! I love the pic of Brielle...she is so dang sweet!

Hayley said...

What a fun week for your kids, I'm sure they loved spending time with you. I wish I was spending time with you....

I packed up 2 huge garbage bags full of clothes for Brielle today!!