Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kutter's Turn

Kutter's dimples are still pretty much my favorite thing about him. They show up in the most unexpected places and times! We see them when he's happy, sure, but also when he is feeling shy, a little bit sheepish about something he's done, and when he's concentrating really hard! They ALWAYS make my day! His latest loves: He is still definitely all-boy. Soccer is his very favorite thing, but he loves anything that involves testosterone. He thinks his bunk bed that Grandpa built is the coolest thing ever and Mickey Mouse has seriously risen in his estimation since our trip to Disneyland!
His latest funny: I dread waking him up for preschool -- it is the never ending struggle. Although he seriously loves preschool, he is just NOT a morning person and it usually takes him forever. This morning he jumped right up with a huge grin and explained that he had been pretty worried he wouldn't get to go today. "I had a dream that spring break was over but they wouldn't let us go to preschool because it was too cold and we couldn't do anything and it was just so sad!" I felt so bad laughing at him because he was so relieved!
Also, when I picked him up from his first soccer practice and asked him how it went, he responded by saying "pretty good, I think the other kids will all get the hang of it eventually. I'll take it easy on them til them". No ego there!
His latest dislikes: Pink is still a huge problem at our house. He can't play with the pink bouncy ball. He refuses to sit on the pink chairs at school. He won't even eat the pink jelly beans! I've never seen a kid so afraid of a color before!
Kutter also really hates anything to be wrong with Brielle. He is usually so stubborn, but he will go out of his way to make her happy if she's sad. I've seen him smack his head or dramatically fall to the floor to get a giggle out of her. It reminds me of Boo and Sully from Monster's Inc.
She definitely brings out the best in him ... at least for now!

4 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

I'm loving this whole blogging about your kids thing! It is so fun to read about them! I can just picture him saying those funny things!

Hayley said...

Kutters comments gave us all a good laugh tonight. And that last picture of him is so handsome! Gosh, I'm kidsick.

Anonymous said...

Great way for me to catch up on those cute kids! They are great. I need to come with Linda on a weekend again and Play! I just wish we were ALL closer! Love ya Sue

Amber Culp Family said...

This kid totally looks like a "mini mike". I can't get over it! He is so darn cute, I can't believe he will be in kindergarten soon.