Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love

Yep, it's that time of year and I've decided that the only way to get out of this wintertime funk that I'm in is to just totally run with it. Instead of concentrating on how stinking cold it is all the time, longing for the holidays that are soo soo over, glaring at all the shades of gray, and counting the many days left until spring arrives, I have decided to immerse myself in all things I love this month! (Yes, I am aware that it is already Feb 10-- it took a little inner pep talk to get started ----- SUE ME!)

So here, it is. I'm thinking it's only appropriate to start with my beautiful children, since they're sort of tops on the list! Today belongs to my lovely firstborn
Breje

There's all sorts of things to love about this kid.

One of them involves the way she makes having a teenager seem slightly less awful because now I have a new friend. It's so fun when she asks for new clothes on her birthday and wants to join us for the annual girls' shopping trip.

Her testimony is seriously amazing to me.
She has an inner strength which most people don't acquire until they're much older. She bore her testimony on Sunday and I was so torn between pride and sheer terror because she sounded so dang mature (old!)

Her brains. She's super smart. She gets awesome grades, her teachers love her, and she's got gobs of musical talent. It's pretty cool!

I love that when her teacher's tell me how smart she is, they ALWAYS follow that by what a great PERSON she is.

She's a huge help to me. She gets stuck babysitting a lot and it SERIOUSLY helps me out. She even usually has a great attitude about it!

The relationship she has with her little sister. I remember feeling so bad that they'd have ten years between them, but sometimes it seems like the perfect spacing! Brielle misses Breje like crazy when she's at school, and big sis is often the person who is willing to read or story or play "fashion show" when everyone else is just plain too lazy!
I love how much she enjoys young women's. She takes her calling as Beehive president very seriously and is always excited to go each week (even on Sundays!)
She loves reading almost as much as I do, and she even just read Pride and Prejudice. It's enough to make a mom tear up!
--hmm, I think that did help a little! Thanks for making me smile, Breje!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Breje makes us all smile. She's such a beautiful lovely thing! I sure hope my girls turn out half as well. ;)

Keep posting, it makes me happy!

Amy Johnson said...

She really is so beautiful! I love Breezy! Such a good kid!

Anonymous said...

Breezy IS pretty awesome, huh? It makes me smile that others smile about me. :) Love you Guys TONS!!!
Breezy

Anonymous said...

Everything you said about Breje is right on. She is really amazing and wonderful and so much fun to have around. She is such a great example to me and all of her cousins.She makes a grandmother bust with pride! I need her for my week (or two) this summer! All of my grandkids are amazing! Can't wait to read your next post! Grandma Linda