Monday, October 15, 2007

Birthday Boy!

Kutter turned four today and, boy, did he have a great birthday! He got to start celebrating early on Saturday at Joe's Crabshack, where he was thrilled to have the waiters sing to him! Sunday was a party with Grandma and Grandpa. We were planning on buying him a cool cake on Saturday, but ran out of time (see previous post!) Grandma Linda came up with the ingenious plan to stack the chocolate donuts on a plate and top it with a candle. Huge success! Grandma and Grandpa gave him a great new shirt and a huge Mac truck (from the movie "Cars"). Uncle Travis and Aunt Hayley sent him a fun Kidnex set (fun building stuff). He was absolutely thrilled!


We were able to have another little party for Kutter tonight for family home evening. He got a football field cake and a little help blowing out the candles from Trayson. He was way excited to open his present from Grandma Kay, which he knew was the dinosaur book that he had begged for from Deseret Book! He couldn't wait to get his hands on it!




The rest of us got him a fun semi truck that makes tons of obnoxious noises, lights up, and drives around by itself. (yeah, I'm gonna hate that toy by tomorrow!) We also got him a "My First Book of Mormon Stories" board book and the movie "Over the Hedge". He's thinking that he can't wait to turn five!

Funny side note:

Kutter challenged me to a race the other day and, when he thought I was going to win, starting weaving back and forth in front of me. I soon realized that this was not just clumsy running, but an actual strategy! When I asked him about it he said, "Yeah. You're supposed to zig-zag like this so no one can pass if you want to win the race. That's what "Car's" says!" I had no idea how much he was getting out of that movie!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

I had to check your blog before I went to bed because I was hoping for a Birthday post! I teared up a bit seeing him so big, because I wish so much we could have been there! I just keep thinking, 2 more weeks! Give him a kiss, and you have a Happy Birthday too!

Linda Johnson said...

Heather you are so cute. Much cuter than Hayley! Mom

Lance & Milisa said...

Happy Birthday Kutter!! It looks like you all had a great time and the cake is awesome! What a great idea!

Michelle said...

Holy Crap, I can't believe how much Kutter and Trayson look alike.