Sunday, October 14, 2007

Left or Right?

Have you ever gotten lost? I mean really, really lost? Well, I sort of have a history of getting lost. Especially when I'm with my mom. Especially when we are really sleep deprived! Especially when we're really really hungry!

Here's how the conversation went at 6:30 pm.

Me: "I'm sure I can get us to Joe's Crabshack. No problem. I've passed it a dozen times coming the other direction. It should be easy."
Mom: "Are you positive?"
Me: "Of course!"

Around 7:15.

Me: " This looks really familiar. I'm sure we're really close".

7:30.

Mom: "Which way do I go?"
Me: "Left"
Mom: "Are you sure?"
Me: "Obviously not, but go left . . . Ok, so that's right."

7:35

Me: "When I say left I mean left! What are you doing? We are never, ever gonna find it! I have no idea where we are!"

7:45

Me: "I really have no idea where we are. I'm really lost".
The waiter at Joe's (waiting with my husband, Dad, and two sons!): "It's OK, just stay on the phone and I will get you there!"

8:15

Breje: "Dad, please don't let Mom and Grandma drive me home!"

What we learned:

1. Get directions! Preferably, get them when you know where you are at the moment. This really helps!
2. Boise is not fun to get lost in. If you realize you need to turn around, you probably won't be able to, because you will hit a million one-way streets in the process.
3. My mom really needs to learn her left from her right!
4. Food tastes better when you have worked all day to earn it!




6 comments:

Sydney said...

So funny! I only know where a few places are and I'm scared to venture out because I get lost too! I bet you got a warm welcome when you finally got to Joes(yum, now I'm hungry)!

Hayley said...

I know the scenario all too well! Am I crazy that I still wish I could've been there?

Amber Culp Family said...

Oh how I would have loved to have been hiding in your back seat listening to the entire 2 hour ride. It seems your mom has been getting lost a lot lately!

Amy Johnson said...

It must run in the family! Ask Hayley how to get to Riverdale!

Hayley said...

funny amy! You could also ask me how to get to Park City!

Anonymous said...

As I recall....the Park City one topped it.....how do you get lost on the Freeway in Salt Lake? I guess I am glad I didn't go with Linda, and now you have me scared to go with her....Hayley keep your eyes peeled going next weekend! But I am jealous I can't feed Brielle a pickle!