Saturday, November 3, 2007

What a Woman Should Have!

I ran across this on a friends' blog and thought it was great! I hope she doesn't mind me stealing it! She addes some things at the end that work for her and I thought it was a wonderful idea. I want my bloggin friends to share thier own tips with me!

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ..something perfect to wear if the employer, or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour...
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE .a youth she's content to leave behind....
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE .....a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra...
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE .one friend who always makes her laugh ... and one who lets her cry...
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...a good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family...
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE .eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a meal, that will make her guests feel honored...
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...a feeling of control over her destiny...
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...how to fall in love without losing herself...
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...how to quit a job, break up with a lover, and confront a friend without; ruining the friendship...
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...when to try harder... and WHEN TO WALK AWAY...
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...that she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips , or the nature of her parents.
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...that her childhood may not have been perfect...but it's over...
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...what she would and wouldn't do for love or more...
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...how to live alone... even if she doesn't like it...
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW. whom she can trust, whom she can't, and why she shouldn't take it personally...
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...where to go... be it to her best friend's kitchen table... or a charming inn in the woods... when her soul needs soothing...
EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...what she can and can't accomplish in a day... a month...and a year...
It made me think of a few others that "work for me".

I should have...a good book, scrapbook supplies, chocolate, and comfy pajama pants at all times!
I should have...the time to call a friend "just because".
I should have... the desire to at least try to find the answers to some of my kids' questions. They might be important someday!
I should know... that it is okay to say "no" sometimes, even if it means that someone might not like me!
I should know... that it's okay if not everyone likes me!
I should remember... that change can be good, as long as all the important things stay the same!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

I should have a day off from cleaing, now and again! The perfect pair of jeans, A McDonalds coke, and should have my sister living closer!

Linda Johnson said...

I should alway have my three daughters, Heather, Hayley and Amy to shop and go to lunch with! I should have enough time and money to do things with and for my grandkids! I should always have a husband that works hard and remodels all the things in my house that need it.I should always have cute sons, cody, Jody and Travis to take care of my daughters and grandkids.

Triffini Burton said...

Hi Heather,
Here is my blog....brianandtriff.blogspot.com It is not as fancy as yours or Michelle's or Milisa's, but I am just learning how to do it. I still have to download a bunch of pictures so I can send more. I tried to reply to your e-mail, but it wouldn't let me through so this will let me tell you to please bring the baby clothes. Maybe it will help me be more in the baby mood. Still haven't gotten there yet, but I'm trying. (Poor little baby) Call or wirte me! Triff