Saturday, November 3, 2007

Trick or Treat?

What a CRAZY Halloween! Hayley would say that it's totally my fault for waiting til the last minute to get the kids' costumes. She's probably right, but I pretty much do that every year. They are just such a headache! My kids have inherited my incredible lack of decision-making abilities, which really doesn't help. Breje was going to be the white witch, Hermione, or Ginny Weasley; in that order, before we ended up with this spooky concoction. (This, thanks only to Sienna, who is definately better at decisions than me!)
Trayson was nice enough to wear last years' costume, so he was easy, but Kutter was a little twerp! He'd been talking for two weeks about how he desperately needed a dragon costume. He knew exactly what it looked like and swears that we already had it somewhere. I finally gave up on getting him to wear something I could just throw together and took him to Walmart to buy the dang thing! He was absolutely thrilled with it until, lo and behold, we run into his buddy who just happens to notice that this dang dragon has eyelashes! Now, this dragon's eyelashes cannot hold a candle to Kutter's actual eyelashes, but it doesn't matter. Nope, this dragon is now a girl dragon and Kutter points out that he is definately not a girl! No way was he gonna wear that costume! We had to hike all the way back through the store and trade it for this pirate costume, because it was definately manly!
I don't know what we would've done if Ady wouldn't have been willing to share her witch costume with Brielle! Fortunately for me, she did, so the entire family made it to the trunk or treat at church and we were only about 10 minutes late! We fought the crowd for some chilli and candy, then made a quick trip into town to do "real" trick or treating (Kutter was completely unsatisfied without doorbells to ring!) Whew! Maybe next year I will listen to Hayley and start a little earlier . . . but probably not!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah-for updates! You are completely right about the costumes, and I expect more from you next year! Kutter kills me, I think it is tooo funny that he wouldn't wear the girl dragon! I love that kid.
hay

Amber Culp Family said...

It looks to me like the costumes worked out. They look so darling. The dragon thing cracks me up, they have to be manly like Jody i guess.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't mean that the kids didn't look terrific! I just meant, life would be sooo much easier if you shopped ahead of time!
hay

tina said...

They look great!!