Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Blind-sided

Yesterday started just like any other day--calm, kinda boring, nothing happenning--and then it felt like a mac truck came speeding right into us out of nowhere. Some of you may know that my brother-in-law, Travis, had cancer a couple of years ago. Yesterday was his two-and-a-half-year check-up and there wasn't a doubt in my mind that it would be a reason for celebration.

Reality check: His cancer is back in the worst way. I just do not know how to process this information. We love Travis so much and it's impossible to imagine him and his family going through this. At the moment, it is difficult to even write about. I just want to make it all better, and I can't. Hayley's family needs our prayers, so I am writing to ask all of you to please pray for them during this difficult time!

6 comments:

Hayley said...

Thankyou Heather. I wish you were here and I love you guys, and we are praying for your family too.

Lance & Milisa said...

I am so sorry! We will be praying for him and his family.

Ash said...

Heather you are so wonderful. Hayley is lucky to have such a great sister. We'll be praying for all of you!

Amy Johnson said...

Heather, I wish you were here! Sometimes you just need a hug from your sister and I'm sure Hayley needs that right now. You guys will be here soon enough, and I'm sure the tears will come a streaming again (I just can't stop crying!). Your new blogs are darling! I love seeing pics of your kids! See you soon!

Sydney said...

So sorry to hear that his cancer is back. Our prayers are with him and his family during this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

Your WHOLE family is in our prayers. If there's anything Hayley needs will you let me know?