Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Random thoughts and Christmas parties

So my last post was a bit of a downer, and it's taken me a few days to be able to imagine posting anything a bit brighter. I've decided to follow my sister's wonderful example and focus on all of the positives around us. Hayley has been such an amazing support through all of this. (Yeah, isn't it supposed to be the other way around?) I have always admired her, but I guess I never realized how truly strong she is. She is just amazing. I know she's had her moments, and there's probably more to come, but she keeps managing to pull it all together and it is truly inspiring to watch her helping us all cope with this devastating news. I can only assume that she can feel the tremendous support and the prayers that have all been shared on her and her family's behalf. Thanks to my friends for being part of that! People are always saying that we learn from our trials. So far I've learned that having friends you can laugh with is a joy, but having friends that you can cry with is truly a great blessing!

Last weekend we were able to go to the Wolfley family Christmas party. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to celebrate, but it turns out that all that Wolfley craziness was a big help. It's difficult to completley wallow when you're surrounded by 2 parents-in-law, 7 brothers-in-law, 7 sisters-in-law, one boyfriend, 12 kids, and one dog ---plus my family! It was pretty chaotic and that is just what I needed. They let me melt down a little bit, and then they did their best to distract me. Thanks, Wolfley clan, for all the crazy fun!
Trayson has been so excited to hang-out with cousins Dristan and Cayden. You can tell they are three of a kind!
Do you think it's possible that the real wise men were anywhere near as cute as my Kutter?

Nothing's sweeter than watching your kids take part in the nativity scene. Some took it so seriously (I'm pretty sure that Aliah BELIEVED that she was Mary there for a minute) some just couldn't stop smiling (Mostly Trayson and Kutter) but even the big kids got into it and we were all touched. It just never gets old!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping for an update! I am missing you guys! I had to laugh about what you said about me because if you witnessed the melt down of all melt downs last night you wouldn't think I was so inspring! I can't wait till this weekend!
me

Anonymous said...

Don't ask me why I didn't tell you they found Edward-What do you think of him? Go to www.twilightlexicon.com to see he and Bella together. I think that you, Amy, mom, and I will need to make a movie date next year.
me again

Michelle said...

It's so good to see the party pictures! We missed being there! Our prayers are with Hayley and Travis! Don't tell me you are into the twilight series too? I read all the books in 1 day each and just threw the kids fruit snacks all day to keep them quiet, I couldn't put it down until it was done-10 hours straight, each! The funny thing is that I hate reading and hadn't read a book since elementary school!

Lance & Milisa said...

The party was great and you have some fabulous pics...Cayden loved seeing and playing with Trayson!

Lance & Milisa said...

The party was great and you have some fabulous pics...Cayden loved seeing and playing with Trayson!