Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bear Lake holds a special place in my childhood memories. I spent most of my summers there--almost always surrounded by my cousins -- and just hearing the name evokes vivid memories for me. I spent countless hours exploring "undiscovered" trails in St. Charles Canyon with my siblings and cousins. We ate s'mores, we collected sea shells, we listened to our parents talk around the fire while we snuggled deep into our sleeping bags and planned how we would do it all again the next day. I got the chance to go back there with my own children and go camping again with my cousins last weekend. Although it definitely reminded me how much tougher my parents must have been when I was little (who knew camping was so much work?!) it was definitely worth giving my kids some of those same memories! There was much less relaxing than I remember, but we did get tons of good food, plenty of sunshine, and a whole bunch of laughter around the campfire. We also happened to have the most adorable group of children known to man, so you'll have to forgive me for the photo overload!

This shot was actually an "oops" but I am just in love with Brielle's belly from this angle! It also shows how busy she was the entire trip -- never seen without her hands full of something she wasn't supposed to have!

Kutter is absolutely beaming at getting so much attention from Cody, Amy and Simon, all at once!
One of the things I was most looking forward to is introducing my cousin Amber's little girl to Brielle. They are just over a week apart, and we were sure that they would share the same instant bond that we've had ever since we were little...
... this is the most interaction we could get from them the entire time! Maybe next year?
Ady and Kutter have never had that problem! They always manage to bridge the gap between "tough guy" and "beauty queen" and invent the very best games.
Now, this one is just priceless! Proof that they were actually enjoying each other's company.

This is the whole crew, finding a way to stretch out the fun while the grown-ups finished packing up.
Thanks to everyone who came for all the great food and laughter, and for helping me keep my kids alive! Whew!

6 comments:

Hayley said...

You got some great ones! I love the popsicle pic, and the one of Ady and Kutter is priceless.

See you in a week!

Unknown said...

hey i love all your picture well since you said you never get comments i decided to leave one thanks for having me and my family up on saturday it was a bunch of fun
COURTNEY GRIFFITHS

The Wolfley Family said...

Camping was so much fun with everyone, wasn`t it? I also really liked camping with grandpa and grandma! It was fun going there for a while! And I love our tradition of staying at grandma`s alone for a week! We even got two grandparent sets for the last two or three weeks! Breje

Jessica said...

Such cute pic, how do you put that cool background on your page?

Anonymous said...

We had an awesome time camping with all of you. Seeing you "cousins" all grown up with and without kids was so fun to watch. I agree the cutest kids in the WORLD were there!!! Thanks for coming Hope we can do it again sometime! Love Ya Sue

jarin said...

horses cool,its about time. i was beginneng to wonder if all our hard work paid off! jk