Monday, July 28, 2008

A pretty great weekend!

We actually felt like we got to start our weekend on Thursday, which is a pretty great start. The circus was in town, and, while we were unable to go, we did get to go watch them set up. It was actually pretty interesting. We watched them set up the enormous circus tent, met the elephants, and even met the baby white tiger. We also got to learn a little bit about circus life. The kids loved it and it got me out of the house while waiting for the fam to arrive.... Travis, Hayley, the girls, and my mom arrived Thursday afternoon. Once they finished raving about the beauty of that long, long drive from Utah and took a much needed rest, we were able to kick-off our fun-filled weekend together. Of course, it began with food -- Mexican food and then staying up way too late.
Friday was loads of fun. The guys got up to go golfing and us girls were able to head to Boise with only Brielle and Sienna in tow. Imagine -- a full day of shopping where the kids do not outnumber the adults! It was fabulous and we owe Breje a whole bunch for watching Ady and Kutter while the guys golfed. We missed her tons, but she definitely reaped many rewards from our shopping trip! Brielle and Sienna were troopers, but were exhausted by the end of the day. I couldn't resist snapping this shot of Brielle just before we left the mall. Her stroller is literally loaded down with bags (we couldn't get her out of it would tip over!) and her is frazzled!
Later, the kids were able to relax in the pool, and Jody was the only brave adult who was willing to hop in with them. He definitely felt rewarded when they ALL snuggled with him on the trampoline to get warm!
I didn't think we'd ever actually get Sienna away from all of our pets! She stared at the fish and birds for hours on ends, and was constantly begging to visit the kittens in the garage.
Saturday was a birthday dinner for Jody and Hayley in Boise, topped off with mini golf. I sure wish I had some pics of that! Five adults, six kids, ninety degrees --- what in the world were we thinking? We topped it all of with the 3D Hannah Montana concert on Disney that the kids were just dying to watch. I even caught Jody getting interested!
And we couldn't get Trayson's attention for an hour!
To make everything just perfect, Jody finally got his horse this weekend! He has been waiting for this for a long time, and he is so happy!
Meet Sugarlegs!
If Jody's happy, our kids are ecstatic! They won't leave the poor horse alone. As Ady said, "This place looks just like a farm!" Hmmm, not sure where I fit in with all this, but our big old plot of tumbleweeds is definitely getting more interesting!

Thanks so much to Trav, Hayley, and my mom for driving all the way out here to entertain us! It was so much fun and I am so darn full!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

My husband took the girls to the circus, they LOVED it, they couldnt stop talking about it. I missed kutter on Sunday, with Hannah no longer in our ward I have a class full of boys!!

Hayley said...

We had a lot of fun last weekend! Thanks for letting us come. We miss you already!
and I'm reading the language of sycamores and can't put it down.

Amy Johnson said...

So what if I'm pouting right now! No big deal, right??? I wish we could have come! Stupid jobs! Sounds like you all had so much fun! We are missing you all pretty bad!

Amber Culp Family said...

congratulations on the new addition! I bet you are all in heaven with your new family member. I didn't realize you had so many pets, love the Wolfley Farm. How fun to have had the weekend with your family. I am hungry just thinking about it!