Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Little Chocolate Protege

So Brielle knew that I baked cookies, because I had to give her one in order to frost the rest of them in a timely fashion. She seemed to notice that I then gave the other children cookies that looked much tastier (covered in gooey choclate frosting) than the cookie which she'd received. She must also have noticed that I still had two uneaten, frosted cookies on the counter after I sent the rest of the kids outside with theirs. She's no dumbie -- apparently that's me, because I'm the crazy mommy that got her out of the high chair and left her alone in the kitchen with said cookies (but seriously, they were way up on the countertop!)
I am still not sure how she did it -- it involved Jody's charging cell phone, a paper plate, and a ton of noise -- but when I heard the commotion I saw all these items on the kitchen floor and my panicked little toddler running away from it. The look on her face when I walked in showed that she knew she was in trouble, but she had the presence of mind to keep ahold of one cookie as she ran. I suppose I should've gotten mad but I was just so darn impressed with her determination and skill -- that kind of hard work should be rewarded -- right?

4 comments:

Hayley said...

We are always blogging at the same time, and I'm always first to comment. It makes me feel like a big dork.

Anyways, this is quite possibly my favorite post ever. I cannot wait to get my hands on her tomorrow! And you let her know I will give her the frosted cookies. loads of them.

The Wolfley Family said...

No frosted cookies for you! Just kidding. Unless they`re gone by the time you get here. SHe is getting so devilish! Yesterday she looked at me, grinned, and pulled Rocky`s tail until he surprised her with a scratch! Breje

Anonymous said...

Perfect picture! She knows what is good and how to get it..just like her mommy! Have fun with your Family this weekend, I'll be thinking of you girls as you eat out and shop while I am working my butt off! Love ya Sue

Jessica said...

That is too cute! they figure out way to early how to get into everything!