Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Sis!

Since my mom's birthday list was so much fun, I thought I'd give it another shot. Here's my top ten favorite things about my little sister ...

10 -- She's even more of a neat freak than me! It makes me feel so normal!
9-- Her good taste. Whether it's arranging my decorations or helping me shop, Hayley always knows exactly what will work and what won't. I pretty much don't dare do anything without getting her opinion first!
8-- She's extra competitive, which means that she usually wins, but absolutely whupping her butt in Canasta is so so sweet!
7-- Most people who are as beautiful as she is have a way of making others feel self-conscious and frumpy. Hayley somehow makes everyone around her feel better about themselves! It's an amazing talent.
6-- It's awesome having my own personal hairdresser! If you've only known me for a few years, you don't know that my hair before Hayley's beauty school days was pretty darn bad. She is a miracle worker!
5-- The way she celebrates her birthday. It usually takes her about a month to do it up right. This may sound selfish, but it's the opposite. She makes sure she celebrates with everyone, and I always manage to get a couple pretty great meals out of it! (The last couple years have also involved killer great shopping trips -- what a great sis, huh?!)
4-- She's super strong! She's been through some pretty tough things and she manages to stay positive and always hold onto her faith. She makes sure the rest of us do, too.
3-- Her thoughtfulness. It's one of the things that she inherited from my mom that I most try to emulate. She's always thinking of cute things to do for other people.
2-- The way she loves my kids. They are seriously lucky to have all the love and attention that she heaps upon them!
1--She gave me Travis, Ady, and Sienna --- some of my very favorite people in the whole world! Did I mention she has good taste?!

Happy Birthday Hayley! I know you're not done celebrating yet, but don't have too much more fun without me! We Love You!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Awww. Making me tear up a bit. I love you!

And you have no proof that there was any butt whooping in Canasta!

Amy Johnson said...

What a great post! I agree with every single one of those things! Hayley is amazing and I love you both so much!!!