Thursday, January 3, 2008

BRRRRrrr


We kicked-off our holiday trip to Utah last week with a a freezing cold trip to Hardware Ranch. It's this place in Cache Valley where they have a kind of refuge for all the elk that come down out of the mountains in the winter. They feed them so that they don't drive the farmers nuts, and they provide these fun little sleigh rides and a few "elk facts" for the kids.

Now, I had a chance to sit this one out -- I've seen elk before. They are big, they have antlers, they stand around in the snow. Yay. The problem is that the kids haven't seen elk, and I didn't want to miss their cute little faces. I wasn't sure that I'd made the right decision when we drove through the canyon and watched the temperature drop to 2 degrees, but I was so glad that I went! They all LoVeD the horses (they are pretty cool), none of them seemed bothered by the cold, Trayson loved all the animal trivia that he picked up and I kept hearing Simon and Sienna say "wow". Brielle's picture speaks for itself! Totally worth freezing my toes off!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last pic of Brielle is beautiful! Thankyou for FINALLY updating!

Anonymous said...

Brielle is so cute!

Amy Johnson said...

It was fun, huh! Definatly worth the cold! Maybe we could make it a tradition!