Sunday, February 3, 2008

REAL Snow!

We actually had a real blizzard in Mountain home on Saturday night. It just kept snowing and the wind was blowing like crazy! I woke up expecting to see our house half-buried, but I looked out the window and most of the grass looked completely bare. I was disappointed, but figured the wind had made it appear more wintry than it really was. Then Jody tried to leave for work . . . He just hopped in the truck and backed-out, only to find that he was completely snowed-in. The snow in our driveway was up past his bumper! It seems that the wind did crazy things with our snow and piled it all right in our driveway! It took him over 1 1/2 hours to dig himself out!
Since the kids missed all the hard work, they thoroughly enjoyed the snow. It was the first snow we've experienced here that would actually pack hard enough to build a snowman so . . .
. . . my children built our whole family out of snow! (Brielle is the teeny, tiny one just below Trayson's right hand!) If you look at the background of this picture, you can see that there was almost no snow under our windows, but two feet away was enough to snow us in! Even normal winter weather is nuts here!

6 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

That's crazy! I love the excitement of having tons of snow!! Your house looks so cute with all that snow...it looks like a Christmas card house!

Hayley said...

I thought the same thing, your house looks very nice covered in snow. Miss you guys, like always.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, love your house! I haven't ever seen a picture of it. Dang cute! Here I am in Connecticut and it is doing nothing but rain....all the snow has disappeared. I came expecting to play in the snow with Mirelle, but we seem to find plenty to do. We took Mirelle ice skating for the first time. So Fun! I'll get Amber to blog some pictures...Love ya

Lance & Milisa said...

I'm glad to see you are dealing with the same problems we have for a change!! Yeah! It looks like fun!

Linda Johnson said...

I love your house in snow. I miss you guys and I am so looking forward to seeing you. I will have a funs suprise for you when you get here! I love all of you! Mom

Anonymous said...

Here is a step by step outline for how to make your page more personalized
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd8t7bxp_15hgft8p



This is one that you can look at to show you how the html should look:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dd8t7bxp_16gd3q2h