Saturday, February 2, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

Ok, this one's for Amy, because I SO appreciate her giving me hints about how to get out of my blogging slump!

Guilty pleasure #1: Staying up late. I know that Brielle is likely to wake me up at least once during the night. I know that I'll have to get up the next day at 6:00 am to get the kids ready for school. I know there's tons of reasons I'm gonna need energy the next day, but somehow, around 11:00 at night, these facts no longer seem to register in my head! I will do anything to stay up just a little longer. Years ago this was less of a problem but it seems that I am getting older!

Guilty pleasure #2: Reading. This doesn't sound like something to be guilty about, but reading becomes an obsession with me. Chores don't get done, dinner burns, kids try to kill each other, but I read on. I don't even have to really like the book -- if I have read the first page, the book demands to be finished. I can only think of one book that I have ever read and not been unable to put down. (If any of you have ever read "Ulyssess", you know, past the first three pages, I'd love to hear about it!)

Guilty pleasure #3: Long hair bands. I know now, that my Dad was right. They really are just screaming. Also, now that I am older and less naive, I know WHAT they are screaming. I still can't help listening and getting a little nostalgic for the 80's every once in awhile.

Guilty pleasure #4: I think I should have a whole post for foods that I totally enjoy that I shouldn't, but the most embarrassing is my love of greasy foods. Most adults only go through the drive thru when they are in a huge hurry or treating the kids. I have to fight myself not to drive through every time I pass them. I will eat anything fried. I will think up things to fry. I even love the smell. I can see that this is thoroughly disgusting, but there you have it!

3 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

I love it!!! Just interesting things to learn about you! Long hair bands? Really? The staying up late is a Johnson trait....one that I don't have! Cody and Simon both got it!!! And I know Hayley is there with you!

Lance & Milisa said...

Your guilty pleasures are awesome! Lance is with you on the Long hair bands and I totally understand the greasy food thing...

Amy Johnson said...

You are so cute. I had to laugh at the staying up late part. For sure something we have in common. And the long hair bands too, you crack me up!